Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Egyptian Girl (I)

i dont prefer to deal with people through racial profilling. unfortunately, it is inevitable. My best friend is a chinese muslim, and although she is muslim, she is chinese in her dealings. shrewd, money-oriented to a certain extent, extremely competitive..... of course she has other good, awesome qualities that makes us good friends until now. and my understanding about her personality, actually helped me value her friendship and if something happens, i would definitely fight to keep our friendship going. if we ever get into a fight (which we always do during our years in college) if we ever fight again, i would definitely be the first to say sorry and rekindle our friendship. same goes for many other acquaintances i had during my undergrad years.


there are a 3 kinds of friends. someone that u can say whatever to, hurt and get hurt, but  in the end of the day, make up and be better friends because they are worth it. some, u just never get into a fight with, because your personalities are similar, and you can just get along well. some, have clashing personalities, that if u fight, there is no way to rekindle, but of course, if you rekindle your friendship, its going to be an amazing one. 


call me selfish, but when a fight happens between me and one of my friends (which rarely happens, because we are all mature and independent now), i would evaluate the person as a friend, whether its worth it to let my ego down, say sorry and try to rekindle, or just leave it to that. 


so this happened to me and the egyptian girl, and sadly, i chose to let go. and even if i did feel sad because i felt she was a good friend, but at some point, i also felt the benefits of not having her as a friend....


so the story goes.... 

No comments: